The United Nation Evaluation Group is hosting an evaluation week to explore how building evaluation capacities can empower countries to put in place development policies and programmes which are appropriate, effective and responsive to the needs of their citizens; and, in turn, how stronger national evaluation systems can be a part of an inclusive, robust global accountability framework. The speakers will include leaders in government, academia, philanthropy, and the United Nations.
9-13 March, New York: UNEG Evaluation Week
14-18 March, Japan: UN Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction
The Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction will be held from 14 to 18 March 2015 in Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan.
The objectives of the conference are:
- To complete assessment and review of the implementation of the Hyogo Framework for Action;
- To consider the experience gained through the regional and national strategies/institutions and plans for disaster risk reduction and their recommendations as well as relevant regional agreements within the implementation of the Hyogo Framework of Action;
- To adopt a post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction;
- To identify modalities of cooperation based on commitments to implement a post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction;
- To determine modalities to periodically review the implementation of a post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction.
25 April, London: Annual PhD workshop on experimental development economics
This workshop organised by the Center for Behavioural and Experimental Social Sciences at the University of East Anglia and The Choice Lab at the Norwegian School of Economics are holding a workshop for prospective Ph.D. students who are using or planning to use lab-in-the field experiments in developing countries.