3ie invited submissions of qualifications to be considered for grants to prepare proposals for rigorous impact evaluations of West African Development Bank’s (BOAD) regional food security programme.
The regional food security programme or Programme Spécial Sécurité Alimentaire (PSSA) has been initiated by BOAD to help strengthen food security through 17 public and private sector projects in West African countries. More details about these projects are available in the Request for Qualifications document.
For more information, please read the Request for Qualifications (English) (366.4 KB)
Une version francaise de l’appel à candidature est également disponible. Request for Qualifications (Francaise) (114.0 KB)
This call is now closed. The deadline for this Request for Qualifications was 16 September 2014.
Please direct all your questions about this request for qualifications to email@example.com.
At a glance
- This call is in two phases. In the first phase, a proposal preparation grant will be awarded.
- A preparation grant of up to US$30,000 will be made to the qualifying research team.
- Proposals received in the first phase will reviewed and scored according to 3ie’s selection criteria and will be considered for evaluation grants in the second phase.
- Only legally registered organisations and consortia of registered organisations, not individuals, may apply.
- The lead grant-holding organisations making the application must be located in the country where the project is being implemented.
- The lead principal investigators in the research team need to also be from the country where the project is being implemented.
- The qualifications will be reviewed and scored by one 3ie internal reviewer and at least three external reviewers.
About BOAD’s regional food security programme
In early 2008, people living in countries belonging to the West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU) were affected by a food crisis. On 23 April 2008, a council of ministers of the Union agreed to coordinate actions at the level of the community in response to this crisis.
As a result, BOAD’s regional food security programme or PSSA in eight member countries of the WAEMU, was initiated.
This programme represents BOAD’s contribution in implementing a strategic plan to control inflation and boost agricultural production.
3ie’s Policy Window
3ie’s Policy Window Three grants programme is designed to develop and fund rigorous, mixed-method impact evaluations commissioned by policymakers and programme managers to answer questions about the attributable impact of interventions they implement.
For more information, please visit the Policy Window page.