3ie sought applications for proposal preparation grants under its Agricultural Innovation Thematic Window.
This window will increase the stock of rigorous evidence on what works in agricultural innovation in South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
This grant window will fund up to 16 new impact evaluations of interventions in the areas of knowledge transfer, contractual arrangements, adoption, and soil health. Priority questions in these areas are to be addressed in the context of impact evaluations of interventions implemented by the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). Interventions by other entities are currently not eligible for funding under this window.
The grants will be awarded in two phases. The first phase will be to award proposal preparation grants. Research teams that are selected in the first phase will submit proposals for impact evaluations in the second phase.
This call is now closed.
For more information about this call, please read the Request for Qualifications (345.4 KB)
For a complete list of relevant documents needed for the application process, please click here.
3ie in collaboration with AGRA and IFAD, hosted its first ever grantee inception workshop.Click here to read more.
At a glance
- In the first phase, up to 12 research teams will be given preparation grants for working with AGRA and IFAD to develop impact evaluation proposals.
- Each study team will have to prepare up to three impact evaluation proposals.
- The preparation grant will be paid in two tranches. The first tranche will be US$10,000 on contract signing. The second tranche will pay the balance of costs on a reimbursable basis up to the maximum total budget mentioned. (See Request for Qualifications for maximum budget.)
- A single Principal Investigator may be on multiple applications and a study team or institution may submit multiple applications if they are in a position to carry out all the winning grants.
- In the second phase, up to 16 grants will be made for conducting impact evaluations. Ten of these grants will be for impact evaluations of AGRA-supported programmes and six will be for IFAD-supported programmes.
- 3ie expects impact evaluations to begin from June 2014.
How to apply
For further clarifications, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Any questions regarding the window should be sent to email@example.com.
Support for the Agricultural Innovation Thematic Window
The Agricultural Innovation Thematic Window is supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the UK Department for International Development, and is being conducted in partnership with AGRA and IFAD.
This is the fourth funding window on development themes that has been offered by 3ie. More information on our previous three thematic windows and grants can be found on the 3ie website.