3ie is pleased to announce that it will make three awards for impact evaluations of interventions that aim to increase transparency and accountability in the governance of natural resources.
To read more about the evaluations being funded, visit the Transparency and Accountability Thematic Window Award Winners.
3ie requested proposals for impact evaluations of interventions that aim to increase the transparency and accountability in the governance of natural resources such as oil, gas and minerals.
The interventions should actively involve civil society or be led by civil society organisations. The objective of this 3ie grant window is to fill critical knowledge gaps by funding impact evaluations that generate rigorous evidence for informing the design or the scale up of effective transparency and accountability initiatives.This call will fund up to two impact evaluations.
All applications were made using 3ie’s online Grant Management System https://www.praxisgms.com/3ieImpact/default.aspx , the deadline for which was 18 December, 2013.
For more information and instruction on how to apply, please read the
Request for Proposals (273.7 KB)
The deadline for questions for this request for proposals was 23:59 GMT on 25 November, 2013. The answers to the questions 3ie received are available in this Q&A (25.1 KB)
Queries related to the application process can be sent to email@example.com
At a glance
- Only research institutions or consortia can apply for this grant. Individuals are not eligible.
- Applicants can submit up to three proposals. Proposals that are linked to each other via a common theory of change will be given higher weight.
- Proposals should focus on impact evaluations of interventions in developing countries with a preference for research in low-income countries.
- The research should focus on non-renewable natural resources e.g. oil, gas, minerals and metals.
- The preference is to make two awards and the overall funding envelope is US$900,000
How to apply
For instructions on how to apply, please read the Request for Proposal and visit the How to Apply page to download the requisite documents for your application.
Any questions regarding the window should be sent to TW8@3ieimpact.org
Support for the Transparency and Accountability Thematic Window
The Transparency and Accountability Thematic Window is supported by the United Kingdom Department for International Development (UKAID) and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.