The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive, and sustainable development. We support the generation and effective use of high-quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries. We provide guidance and support to produce, synthesize and quality-assure evidence of what works, for whom, how, why and at what cost. 3ie is registered as a non-governmental organization in the United States. It has offices in New Delhi, London and Washington, DC.
3ie is looking for a Finance Assistant based in New Delhi to support the team on payment disbursals, financial documentation, expense processing, and other accounting transactions.
The Finance Assistant will report to the Senior Manager - Finance and will be responsible for a variety of tasks, as outlined below.
Daily financial operations
- Set up payment instructions in the bank
- Prepare vouchers for payments, receipts, and journal entries
- Secure approval and validation from internal authorities
- Data entry in the Intacct accounting software
- Filing & documentation of voucher/bills
- Settlement of advance in a timely manner
Monthly financial operations
- Timely preparation of bank reconciliation statement
- Assist in monthly closing activities
- Support during the annual audit (extraction of vouchers/invoice/bills and other work)
- Provide general office support to ensure smooth functioning of the Finance Unit
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor or the Director – Finance and Administration
Qualifications and skills
- Graduate degree in commerce or accounting
- At least five years of relevant experience with exposure to account management and
- financial reporting
- Keen understanding or knowledge of the development sector
- Proficiency in accounting software such as Sage Intacct is an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office and MS teams, spreadsheets, databases, and electronic record-keeping
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment, together with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be aware of and maintain confidentiality when necessary
The successful candidate must have the right to work in India. The position is based in New Delhi, however, remote working from other locations in India may also be considered in case of exceptional candidates. 3ie is an equal-opportunity employer committed to equality and diversity. We do not discriminate based on sex, age, religion, ethnicity, caste, sexual orientation or for being differently abled. We particularly encourage ethnic minorities and differently-abled persons to apply.
Terms of employment
Candidates should be available to start work at the earliest. 3ie offers competitive remuneration based on location, experience, and qualifications. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults from abuse. We follow a zero-tolerance policy for any form of bullying or harassment in the workplace.
How to apply
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘3ie Finance Assistant’ in the subject line. The applicant must provide, at a minimum*, the following information:
- A cover letter, not exceeding one page, highlighting qualifications and experience relevant to the terms of reference
- Curriculum vitae (not to exceed two pages)
- Contact information for three professional references.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered
The application deadline is 25 August 2022. Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed, and shortlisted candidates interviewed on a rolling basis. 3ie reserves the right to close this advert before the above-mentioned closing date if sufficient applications are received.