3ie announces awards for 20 impact evaluations under its fourth Open Window
To read more about the award winning impact evaluations, visit the Open Window 4 Award Winners page.
The Open Window accepts impact evaluation proposals of socio-economic development interventions in any sector. 3ie’s Open Window 4 closed for applications on August 6, 2012. We received 634 expressions of interest; 431 were accepted and invited to submit full proposals.
To receive updates on the next call and to subscribe to 3ie news, join the 3ie mailing list.
At a glance
Preference is given to proposed studies that:
- Are impact evaluations of large-scale development interventions and/or have a high probability of influencing policy
- Clearly elaborate the theory of change for the intervention and the assumptions underlying the theory of change
- Use mixed methods to explore the causal mechanisms behind interventions and measured outcomes
- Have a clearly demonstrated and close partnership with the implementing agency
- Are produced by developing country researchers/evaluators or through a partnership between developed and developing country researchers/evaluators.
3ie’s Open Window 4 had a two-step submission process:
1. Submission of an Expression of Interest. Deadline: June 24, 2012
2. If the expression of interest is accepted, submission of the full proposal. Deadline: August 6, 2012
All applications were submitted using 3ie’s online grant management system: http://praxispts.com/3ieimpact/
For a complete overview of the application process, visit the How to Apply page.
Expressions of interest go through an internal review by 3ie’s Evaluation Office and an external review by an independent impact evaluation expert.
Full proposals are reviewed by one internal 3ie reviewer and three independent external reviewers to arrive at a shortlist of proposals. A panel of policymakers then reviews and ranks the shortlisted proposals for policy relevance and potential policy impact. Final approval of awards is made by the 3ie Board of Commissioners.
Successful applicants under Open Window 4 will be notified in October, 2012.
For more information on the review process and the review criteria, read the Request for Proposals.
For further clarifications, please visit the FAQ page