Panel discussion: Research agenda for women and youth in rural agri-food systems
CGIAR GENDER platform, through its Evidence module, organized a panel discussion to identify research for development (R4D) priorities on promoting inclusive and resilient livelihoods in the context of climate change and agri-food systems transformation in the Global South for One CGIAR and its partners. 3ie's Bidisha Barooah, along with several leading experts, discussed the current status and knowledge gaps in promoting decent, resilient & gainful livelihoods for women and youth in rural agri-food systems.
The discussion, held in hybrid mode, was part of the 62nd Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE) held in Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand (India) from 11-13 April 2022.
Date: 12 April 2022
Time: 1.30 pm IST
Click here for more information about the event.
- Dr. Nicoline de Haan, Director, CGIAR GENDER Platform
- Dr. Sithembile Ndema Mwamakamba, Director - Policy Research and Analysis at Food Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network (FANRPAN), South Africa
- Dr. Nozomi Kawarazuka, Social Scientist, International Potato Centre, Vietnam, CGIAR
- Dr. Priya Deshingkar, Professor of Migration and Development, University of Sussex
- Dr. Sher Singh Verick, Research Fellow and Head, Employment Strategies Unit, International Labour Organization (ILO), Geneva
- Dr. Vidya Vemireddy, Assistant Professor, Centre for Management in Agriculture, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), India
- Dr. Bidisha Barooah, Lead Evaluation Specialist & Leader, Gender & Livelihoods, 3ie
- Dr. Amrita Datta, Department of Liberal Arts, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Dr. Ranjitha Puskur, India Country Representative and Research Lead, Gender and Livelihoods (IRRI), Evidence Module Leader (CGIAR GENDER Platform)